Fundraising is essential to our sustainability and survival.
In 2016 we worked very hard to raise money through grants and generous donations to buy and restore the old Moravian Church in Malmebsury, now the Julia and Hans Rausing building. The building, opened in December 2018 by HRH The Duchess of Cornwall, now houses our collection store and is used for education and fundraising events.
In 2019 we raised funds though grants from Art Fund and the National Lottery Heritage Fund to purchase a painting of Malmesbury Abbey by J.M.W Turner which will be on display in the museum in late spring 2020.
In addition, each year we have to raise funds in excess of £12,000 to cover running costs. We have all kinds of fundraising activities to achieve this:
- Appeals to Members, Community and further afield
- Events in the Julia and Hans Rausing Building
- The museum shop. All proceeds support the museum.
- Grants/Trusts. We continuously apply
- Community. Our community donates generously but we are always looking for that next good idea
- Local businesses have supported us well
Please contact us if you think you can help.